Each area in the Michigan Conference (and throughout the 4th District) have taken on the responsibility for developing and generating resources - both financial and in-kind - for their chosen mission opportunity. Michigan Conference Areas have chosen to work with the following organizations:
- Flint Area: My Sister's Keeper (Mission Work in Sudan)
- Central Detroit Area: Doctors Without Borders
- Ann Arbor Area: Development of AME India
- Battle Creek Area: Health Care for Haiti
- Niles Area: The Green Belt Movement (ecology) Kenya
We will have opportunities for education on the Sudan, the war in Darfur, and how our efforts in local communities can help women and children in the region. See the left sidebar of this blog for news on the Sudan.