Dear Flint Area Missionaries:
I feel truly blessed to have been re-appointed Flint Area Chairperson, and I am ready to work – with you by my side! Our first meeting of the Flint Area for the conference year will be Saturday, October 11, 2008 at Quinn Chapel AME Church. We appreciate the Turner Missionary Society for agreeing to host. Sis. Arzetta Johnson is local president and Rev. Stanley U. Sims is Pastor.
8:00 a.m. Area YPD gathers at Quinn Chapel for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk (To donate to the cause go to to donate at http://flintwms.blogspot.com. Please support the YPD in their mission efforts.)
11:00 a.m. Senior Society meeting begins
12:00 noon YPD meeting begins – Sis. Ola McMillian, Flint Area YPD Director
On the Agenda:
· Meet the new Michigan Conference officers. Many of them will be in attendance at our meeting
· The Gospel of John. Please begin to read and study if you have not done so already.
· Global and 4th District Initiatives, including My Sister’s Keeper, the Flint Area’s global mission focus.
· Mission and Outreach Goals
· Area Shares and Creative Funding Sources
· Brainstorming and Goal-setting
· Reading Cluster formation. See the book list on the Area blog.
· Elections. We will follow a similar nominating format as was used at the Michigan Conference Annual Convention. Please see the spiritual gifting outline in the previous post, and encourage members to pray about the role they want to play on the Area level.
· Calendar. Bring your event dates and activities.
We have much to discuss, but we should be finished by 2:00 p.m. Invite non-member
guests to attend this meeting – to listen and take part in our exciting activities. A
continental breakfast will be served and lunch will be served to the YPD after their walk.
Last but not least , big congratualtions to our newly elected Michigan Conference
officers from the Flint Area: Sis. Joyce Keys Garrison, 2nd Vice President (Vernon
Chapel – Flint), Sis. Geraldine Peterson, Flint Area Member-at-Large (Bethel-
Saginaw), and our first-ever Webmaster, Sis. Diana Psalms (Quinn Chapel – Flint).
Please give them your support.
Look forward to seeing your October 11th! As usual, check back here for updates.
Love and Peace,
Flint Area Chairperson